Thursday, September 1, 2016

By The Sea

John and I have friends getting married next month. They both love the beach. So much so that they are getting married ON Clearwater Beach! So I thought it was appropriate that their wedding gift from us have a beach theme.

I started with one of Tim Holtz's Mini Configurations Books and used Distress Paint Salty Ocean to paint all of the edges. Once dry, I came back in with some Ground Espresso Distress Ink and aged here and there to make it look a little more worn. I used an old Graphic45 paper line called By The Sea and added some raffia to the covers and cut out some of the stamps from the line and pop-dotted them for dimension on the front cover. The happy couple's initials are K and J, so I used Tim's wooden alphabet and pounced Salty Ocean Distress Paint on them and once dry, I lightly sanded to age them a bit. They are getting married on October 15, so I found a 10 and a 15 and did the same with them as with the letters. I found L O V E in my letter dice and applied a bit of Salty Ocean Paint to them as well. I had bought the sailboat and flip flops at a craft show that I went to a while ago and I used some LuminArt Silks on them. I used a corked vial and added some Distress Glitter to it. A word tag, Destiny since K says she was destined to meet J! And finally three hearts with a bit of Mushroom Alcohol Ink to age them a bit.
 







 

No comments: