Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Laughing Dogs

Happy 26th of April! It's my day to be the featured Design Team member on Roc's blog.

I've made a postcard featuring two of Roc's new release stamps and one oldie but goodie! First up is Vic. He is inspired by Roc and her hubby's Greyhound rescue dog, also named Vic. Next is Dot Leaf Border. I see many uses for this stamp already! And the oldie but goodie is Scalloped Lace Border. One of my all-time favorites! You can find these and ALL of Roc's stamps at Stampotique.

I started with a piece of Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap on white cardstock and added some Texture Paste through a stencil for some added texture. Then I used Tim's new Distress Crayons and blended well with my fingers. I dampened a paper towel and rubbed some of the color away through a stencil for more visual interest. (Then I ended up covering most of it up!) I stamped Vic three times using different colored Distress Inks. The Dot Lead Border was stamped on Watercolor Paper and I used Ken Oliver's Color Bursts to color them. The Scalloped Lace Border is colored with Dyan Reveley's Ink Sprays. I found a leftover hat on my craft table, so one Vic has a hat to keep the sun off!! I Googled dog quotes, found one I liked and printed it off. 



3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Vic is such a sweetie, isn't he ? Lovely piece Sue !
Corrie x

roc said...

love this sue! what a great job you did!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is a new favorite!!! LOVE the colors and love those dogs!!!