Thursday, July 4, 2013

12 Tags of 2012-July

Time once again for Tim's12 Tags of 2012, the July version!

I got to see him demo the brayer technique on Sunday at StampFest Orlando! First time I've gotten to see him demo in person since he doesn't do any demos when he's reaching. Course I could have stood there all day and watched "The Master" at work, but we needed to get home. Vacation was a blast and once I get my gozillion pictures sorted, I'll be doing a post on that!

I used one of Dyan's silhouette stamp retro dress images because I needed a more feminine image to go with the quote I wanted to use, but did the technique as Tim describes in his blog post. I kept my background soft by using Broken China, Victorian Velvet and Dried Marigold Distress Stains. I went around my quote and the dress with my Stablio Black pencil then softened the hard lines a bit with some water.



11 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Tim in action. I love your tag. You did a great job on the dress.

Anonymous said...

I love your dress!! Great job using the crackle paint!!

Christina

Rosie said...

This is absolutely fantastic.

Have a wonderful weekend

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous take SUE!!! I love the Dyan dress here...so COOL!!!! So FUN!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the dress!!! It looks very cool!

Laura Williams said...

Sue, this is super cool! I love that dress!

Tamara said...

like your tag Sue and what a great stamp.

Anonymous said...

Love your quote - and this is a really original take on the tag! I love it!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

This is AWESOME!!! Love this tag. Dyan's dress in crackle is seriously couture!! Perfect feel for the sentiment on your tag. Great project!! -- Mary Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Love your interpretation Sue - Fab stamp!

Winnie said...

Very cool tag! Love the positive sentiment you used! The dress is fabulous too!