Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Family

I cleaned the mess I call a scrap table the other day. I have a class this Sat at Posh Scraps with Roc Nichols. We will be creating our own journal/book out of an old book that we will recycle/upcycle. So there was a laundry list of things for us to bring. Plus the kitchen sink added to the laundry list! I figured rather than drag "new" stuff out to take, I'd start with the flotsam and jetsam that was right in front of me. Cuz I tend not to put stuff away when I am creating and have leftovers, figuring I will use them "later!" And "later" never comes! Will it kill me to tell you I filled two gallon size Ziploc bags AND a smallish brown paper bag? Just from the crap on my table! And then I used a 12 x 12 clear bag for my 12 x 12 papers that I DID pull out of from where they belong to add to it.

Since I have a nice clean table where I can once again work unincumbered, and found a great layout design on the Basic Grey blog, I decided I'd get back to scrapping the old family pics of John's that we found earlier this year. I used (retired) CTMH Bliss paper pack. John says this was taken just before they moved from Ft Rucker to Tarpon Springs.




2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Always nice to see a layout! Great frame out...wonderful pic!

Debbie DP said...

I love it. I just think this is beautiful