Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Impossible

Great challenge this week at Simon Says with "Anything Goes." I finally got myself a few Dylusions Spray Inks in Lemon Zest, Crushed Grape and Vibrant Turquoise, so I decided the first page in my new art journal would be done with them! I spritzed my page with water then sprayed the three inks around til I had the coverage I wanted. Hit it with the heat gun to dry. I used the face and legs from Dyan's Ruby Rainbow and the sentiment body is from t!m's Words for Thought. I double masked it to get "impossible" and "untried" stamped in Mustard Seed which I then outlined using my Faber Castell black pen.  The wings (which are upside down! Shhhh...don't tell anybody!) are also from Ruby Rainbow. All of the bugs are from Dyan's Bits of This and I used t!m's  Mixed Media with CTMH White Daisy Pigment ink and I then did freehand doodling with my Faber Castell pen.



4 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So cool Sue!!! The colors are fantastic! Do you paste your pages together to make them thicker and sturdier for all your paint and ink?

Terry said...

Wowwzerss Sue, really fabulous colors and the booklet is fabulous. Love it. Thank you for sharing with the DT from SSS and S. Hugs Terry xxxx

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

What a fun journal page!! I love the colors you chose and those fun stamps!

Linda said...

Wowww, really great! Fab colors, i love the purple face of the lady ;)