Monday, September 19, 2011

Better than...


CANDY!!! Hahhhh...not what you were thinking I was gonna say, huh?! I read somewhere the other day about roasting tomatoes and I LOVE Campari tomatoes. They are as close as any I've found to tasting like tomatoes did when I was little. So I got some last week when we were at Sam's. And their flavor only intensifies as they roast. I lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and once I had them all sliced, poured some Extra Virgin Olive Oil on them, salt, pepper, Ac'cent and some garlic powder and roasted them real slow in a 200 degree oven for about 4 1/2 hrs. I kid you not, they were sweeter than candy. (And a whole lot healthier too!) I fixed BLT's one night and had them on Ciabatta rolls and as an added extra, sliced up and avocado and put on the BLT to make it a BLAT!!! John said he will never eat another BLT unless I roast the tomatoes. We went out this morning to run a few errands and stopped at Sam's and got two containers of Campari's. I saved a few to use in salad but this is the end result. John likes the "extra crispy" ones around the outside edges! And the extra oil left on the aluminium foil? Makes for great bread sopping!!  

Oh! And the "holes" where there are some missing? There was a mouse in the kitchen. Yeah, that's it. A mouse. :::that's my story and I'm sticking to it!:::

No comments: