Saturday, June 6, 2009

What's not to love?!


I found this recipe http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/06/chocolate-chip-oreo-cookies.html and OMG! What's not to love?! Oreo's and chocolate chips in the same cookie! When I went grocery shopping yesterday, I got Oreo's and chocolate chips just so I could make them. I also got all the fixings for spagetti sauce and got it put together this morning in Aunt Eloise's old ginormous canning pot, so it's simmering away on the stove. Then I put the cookies together. Heavenly does not even come close to describing how good these are. It made just less than 4 dozen cookies that are about 2" around. Crunchy on the outside and the inside is chewy. Ohhhhh sooooo goooood!! The recipe only calls for 8 crushed Oreo's. So I guess that means I'll be making more! Especially since I also only used 1/2 of the package of chocolate chips!
I'm still working on getting the driveway pressure washed. Got 1/2 of it done Thur and all but one section right by the road today before the thunder drove me in. Not worth getting killed by lightning trying to get that. last. section. done. I can finish tomorrow! Besides, thunder and lightning generally mean rain, and I'm never one to turn rain away!

4 comments:

Chris said...

I want coooooookies even more now that I've seen them.

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

Looks like I now "have to" go to the store for Oreos. MMMMMMMMMMM.

Liane said...

Yummmmmy.... damn my birthday already passed..... maybe next year!

The Stamp Chick said...

OMG....these are the best damn cookies I have ever had!!!! My two favorites combined into one :) Okay, I had three today......is that bad?? Thanks for sharing Sue!Oh- LOVE that cooking site too!