Monday, December 22, 2008

Hard Caramel Christmas


With apologies to Dolly Parton and her wonderful song, Hard Candy Christmas. To hear it, go here Dolly Parton – Hard Candy Christmas – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm


Janelle at My Life posted this http://fullbellies.blogspot.com/2007/12/homemade-caramels.html wonderful sounding recipe for homemade caramels. I ran to the store this morning to get what I didn't have so I could make some. I followed the instructions to the letter. I let them cool. I went to cut them and they are hard. Like rock. Hard! They are supposed to be soft...like a caramel. Hmmm, ya think?! You are supposed to be able to score them with a pizza cutter. Notsomuch here! I broke out my meat pounding mallet and went to town on those bad boyz! Broke 'em into a gozillion pieces. They taste really, really, really good. I may never eat another Brach's caramel again!

3 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

Oh Sue, you took lemons and made lemonade. You go girl!!!

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

MMMMMMM. Crunchy caramel. I don't think my trainer would approve...

Liane said...

Hard candy Christmas! LOVE it, and I love that I get your taste in music! Yum is right, the flavor on these is amazing... I, of course, did not follow directions to a t! LOL