Thursday, November 6, 2008

A new day

Never again will we be able to say that a Black man has not held the office of President of the United States. I hope President-Elect Obama can bring about some much needed change in our country and begin to heal some centuries-old wounds.

John's on vacation this week. We've been working on honey-do's around the house. He had a Dr's appt on Monday, so that day was pretty much shot in the ass! The chol meds he had John on made his bad chol go UP! So they've switched him to Crestor and will re-check him after the first of the year. I had a dentist appt for my cleaning yesterday. I have Periodontal disease and have some pretty deep pockets where the bone has receeded away from my gum line. While it's not getting worse, it's not getting any better either. My teeth are very sensitive to hot and cold because of the bone loss. When I go back in 4 months, they plan to evaluate and see if I might benefit from having my gums cut to encourage those pockets to close up. Ohhh, fun! NOT!

We had a new mall open in New Tampa last week, The Shoppes at Wiregrass. It's an open-air mall, based on an old-timey Main Street. So after I got done with my dentist appt yesterday, since it was too late to really get started on anything around the house, we went and checked it out. While it's very nice and will do well in the area it is, I won't be going out of my way to go shop there. Lots of later teenage/early twenty's stores. They have a Coach store, and while I am not a bag ho, if I were to get a "designer" bag, I think it would be Coach. They have a very nice Barnes & Noble there and we spent over an hour browsing the store and made a few Christmas gift purchases while we were there.

We're also working in the yard, cleaning flower beds and getting things ready for winter slumber, such as it is in FL!

2 comments:

iamjaytee said...

Sounds like you are having a good week off (not including the dentist-I have had my gum cut down), but what about the food Sue? What have you been eating???

Liane said...

.comIt sounds like an awesome week. Yucky on the gums, keep us updated there. Big hugs