Saturday, September 6, 2008

OCC challenge week 11


Amy is the hostess for Sept at Our Creative Corner. Today is her 40th birthday. I remember my 40th just like it was...ohhhh...10 years ago! We were challenged to make a humorous birthday card to help Amy feel a bit better about this monumentous occasion.


I dug out an Emerson Quillen image that Liane had RAK'd me with. I just love the sassy attitudes of these ageless ladies! I used my PrismaColor pencils to color the image. Paper pack is CTMH Magic Moments from the new fall/winter Idea Book. I used my circle Nestabilities to cut the image and the scalloped circle for the frame. Then I used some of the new CTMH embroidery floss in Sweet Leaf to make French Knots on the scallops. The same embroidery floss is used on the top layer of Chocolate cardstock.


Happy Birthday Amy! Hope your 40th is super special.

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So cute and funny, thanks for playing.

Liane said...

Here's to being gorgeous! Amen.

Sandy said...

Your card is perfect for the challenge. That image is hysterical.

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh, I love the Emerson Quillin stamps! Great job with your card - love it! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, too!! Glad you could play along with the OCC challenge this week!