Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Go away Fay!

And it looks like she will, with not a lot of damage. Fay came ashore at about 4 AM today down by Everglades City, almost at the southernmost tip of the state. She is now slowly making her way northeastward. The weather people say we could still be in for some gusty winds and up to 6" of rain as the storm passes by us to the east, but nothing like was originally thought. It is perfectly calm outside now. No wind. No rain. Just another beautiful day in Florida!

The in laws opted to stay at home and John is working today. They were told to have all trucks off the roads by noon, but I'll believe that when I see it! So I'm working diligently on Christmas gifts!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have a full house home with me today--even the hubby. Now that your convention is over and my kiddoes are back in school--want to meet for coffee soon?