Monday, June 30, 2008

This is what's known as...



I cut too many circles!


Marjorie's color challenge 25 is in honor of Independence Day. This week, the colors are Cranberry, Moonstruck, Lilac Mist and White Daisy. I dug deep into my stamps for a couple from last summer, Summertime and Free Spirit. I grabbed my Coluzzle and the circles template and commenced to cut circles out of Moonstruck, Cranberry and Sunny Yellow cardstock. And I cut too many! So there's two cards for this challenge. The "Summertime" is stamped in Lilac Mist. I ran a piece of Cranberry cardstock thru my SwissDots Cuttlebug embossing folder, then just added the circles, in no particular pattern. The other, I stamped the image in Cranberry, then used my Prismacolor pencils and blending pencil to color the image. Just circles on White Daisy cardstock makes this a pretty simple card.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

I love the circle theme!! I wish I was more brave to actually do some of these neat circles with my coluzzle. My upline had a really cute layout made at an album retreat doing the same thing! I just need to quit being a wimp and try some new techniques, lol. The summer theme in your cards fits perfectly with the colors and I love the sunny yellow added in there :D Thanks for playing hun!